Thursday, July 24, 2008

Works In Progress

Laundry room whites against Valspar "Bliss" blue
Laundry room white hutch against Valspar "Bliss" blue

Range hood chimney should be similar to fireplace chimney (not faux finished yet)


Range hood and chimney under construction
The photos above show some of the ungoing progress described in yesterday's post. Apologies for the lighting problems in some of the photos, but I didn't take the time to stage things or perfect lighting! I will post other photos as the work progresses and/or is completed.
The other day I visited a new (to me) thrift store in the Montgomery County, Maryland. It is the Unique Thrift Store. They had quite a collection of all kinds of items, from apparel to household. Some of the prices were way out of line (too high for "previously used") but there were many deals to be found. I was able to pick up bed dust ruffles (in wonderful condition) for $1.99 and below and a pair of red leather sandals (Moda-Spain, also in great condition) for $3.49! According to their advertising, on Mondays everything is 25% off. It will be added to my lists of stops for future trips, especially if I'm there on Monday.
At the end of that day, we ordered a new slipcovered sofa for the great room. In about 6-8 weeks, we will be able to do away with the sofa we have been using "temporarily," which survived 2 undergraduate and 2 law school years with our son...and I had found it at an auction when he first moved into an off campus apartment...so it has seen its day! I've always wanted a slipcovered sofa so that it can be cleaned and I will be able to change its look without purchasing an entirely new sofa. Hopefully once things calm down I will learn to make a decent looking slipcover!







No comments: