Friday, July 25, 2008

Flower Color Change








Today I finally got around to changing the flowers in the urn that usually sits in the center of our great-room dining table. The spring arrangement had been bothering me for weeks but I had been unable to find "true red" silk flowers to accent the new look. Yesterday, at A.C. Moore, I found some red geraniums that were 70% off. They were in rather short stemmed bouquets, but I cut them apart and fastened them to longer stemmed flowers to make the red "pop" throughout the arrangement.
Now that I have finished this task, I have to find live flowers for the window baskets on the windows of the new addition. All spring and into the summer, we had lovely pansies which decided to die all at once about three weeks ago. Hopefully I will find temporary replacements that will survive the August heat until I am able to plant mums for the fall.


No comments: