Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Favorite Thing





One of my favorite bloggers, Cindy at My Romantic Home, is hosting a "My Favorite Things" weekend. It's such a great idea that I decided to join in!

Of course, the difficulty for me is making a decision as to what to choose! My post title should really read "My Favorite Thing....Today." And today, that would be the lovely milk-glass basket that I found at an auction last month. I bought it to use for a bridal shower because I have been collecting black and white dishes to use at the shower. Vintage milk glass pieces were perfect, although hard to find! I love the shape and the texture of the pattern of this basket and will use it in many different ways for years to come. In the top photo, you will see some of the other pieces that I have picked up this summer which I think fit together quite well.

I would have loved to find a three-tiered stand as beautiful as Cindy's to use at the shower, but I will have to be content with clear glass and silver plate....unless I have a magnificent thrift store experience within the next three weeks. I can only hope! I am thoroughly enjoying viewing other bloggers' favorite thing postings and will continue to check it as other people join in the fun.

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for joining. I just added you to the list! I love your favorite!

Unknown said...

What a lovely basket and such a beautiful vignette! I really like the way you've displayed your pretties.

Joyce's Journey said...

I have a small milk glass collection and I just love that basket! That was a great find. Lucky you!! You will be amazed at the how often you will use it!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your milk glass is lovely. And I love black and white together...hope you can find your tiered server!

Decor To Adore said...

A friend recently gave me 2 pieces from her milk glass collection and I just love it.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

It's just lovely! I love the basket and the other milk glass pieces, too. You'll enjoy those for years to come!

Anonymous said...

I love the milk glass basket, it's beautiful.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

It's lots of fun to do different road trips! If you do go through Raleigh, stop at Suzanna's & Country Porch, you won't regret it!
:), Stacey

Unknown said...

I have a piece of pink milk glass that I love. My mom had tons of milk glass and when I didn't want it she gave it to Goodwill. This was years ago. Can you believe it!?

Anonymous said...

It definitely can be hard to choose a favorite. Just love that so many are sharing their favorites with eachother. Shows you what people really love. Thanks for stopping by.
Blessing,
Libby