Tuesday, April 22, 2008

RAIN...Day Three


It's been raining since Saturday evening and the sun is now trying to push through the heavy cloud cover. The gloomy outside conditions are making it a little easier to keep on track with creating the "Save The Date" cards that I must complete.

After much searching all over the net, I settled on paper from papersource.com. Because I wanted to feel the paper and envelopes I chose to visit their store in Georgetown (D.C.). It's the kind of store that you wander and buy things whether or not you need them... just because they look so good. Two stories of walls lined with lovely papers very much like a quilt fabric store. Fortunately for me, the wedding colors are black and white so that I was able to resist the temptations of the multitude of beautiful prints and rainbow of colors.

I've edited all of the text. Now I have to fit the various parts together so that they will fit into the envelopes that I've purchased. There will be 5-6 small white sheets tied with ribbon to the black card stock background. I am slowly but surely perfecting the cuts so that the cards will slide into the envelope without crinkling.

Goal is to finish the "Save The Dates" in the next couple of days.

For the bridal shower that my daughter and I will be giving for my future daughter-in-law I have been inspired by the amazing shower given by friends for Jennifer Skog as well as a bridal shower showcased on HGTV's "World's Longest Yard Sale 2006" episode. Instead of the lime green accent in Jennifer's shower, the accent color for "our" wedding will be red, but since our bridal shower will take place in August we may use alternate accent colors. The bridal shower highlighted on HGTV was given by a lady who seached for "yard sale" finds in blues and whites. Everything from milk glass, depressions glass, linens were accumulated during the three day event. She managed to snag many lovely items, including a forlorn chair that she was able to transform into a "shabby chic" wonder for the future bride! Anyone with ideas for unique "black and white" shower or wedding decor, please leave comments or links.
The sun is definitely pushing through these clouds. Hopefully it will provide better lighting for all of the photographs I need to take to post items on Etsy and Ebay later today!






1 comment:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi!

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm glad you enjoyed my cookbook entry.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! My son was married four years ago in Washington DC (his bride was from VA) so I know it's a little hectic participating in a long distance wedding.

Have you looked at www.theknot.com? Lots of ideas there, and Martha Stewart's web iste should have lots of ideas too.

If I can be of any help just ask!

Pat