Monday, May 5, 2008

Ready, Set








The yellow tea rose was my sorority flower and has remained my favorite over the years. A lovely bouquet of yellow roses awaited me this past Saturday morning for my birthday. With so much work to do around the house, we opted to bring in Chinese for my "birthday" feast. We watched the Kentucky Derby and tried to catch a glimpse of our daughter (LOL), who was there with friends in the infield.

During the weekend, my husband finished putting down the black/white tiles in the laundry room, putting down shoe moulding in various areas, cut grass and countless other tasks. I concentrated on finishing printing the "Save The Date" booklets and website cards, waxing the hutch I painted white, painting woodwork, beginning to sew "long overdue" valances for my daughter's rooms, changing summer for winter clothing, sneaking in a few yard sales and so on....

In the middle of this week, after picking up my parents in Maryland, we take off for South Carolina to pick up our daughter and then travel to Nashville for our son's graduation from Vanderbilt Law School. We will be back in town by the end of the weekend and then leave again three days later to return to South Carolina to bring our daughter home for the summer. What a life!

We plan to take my parents on a tour of Charlotte, N.C. where we lived many years ago. They haven't been back in about 20 years and I know they will be shocked by the way it has grown. The country road that led to the high school I would have graduated from now is a 4-6 lane road running through the upscale South Park shopping area. I was shocked several years ago to see it sitting so near the road when it used to sit off in a field!

Hope to post photos of our travel and maybe some shopping finds along the way.














No comments: